PCR Urinary Tract Infection Panel (UTI)
Our PCR UTI Panel can identify which type(s) of bacteria are causing the infection, and which antibiotic would best treat the infection. PCR-Dx Diagnostic Laboratory performs all our testing in-house, we do not contract out any of our services. Most results are available in under 24 hours for all areas of the United States.
How does a PCR Urine test work?
Our technologically advanced test uses a process called Polymerase Chain Reaction (PCR) to “copy” and quickly multiply a portion of RNA from your urine sample. This allows us to quickly identify the precise pathogen(s) causing a UTI, which antibiotics are most effective for treatment, and to which antibiotics the bacteria may be resistant.
The best part? Our PCR urine panel typically offers same-day results, so you can begin your patient’s treatment course almost immediately.
What pathogens does our PCR UTI Panel detect?
Why our PCR tests are better than Urine culture testing?
For years, physicians have had to rely on traditional culture methods to diagnose urinary tract infections (UTIs). These methods are slow, with results often taking 3 or more days to be returned.
This has put healthcare providers in a difficult position. They need to ease patients’ symptoms, but their starting point for treatment isn’t always clear. As a result, they are often forced to resort to overprescribing antibiotics to cover their bases, leading to antibiotic resistance.
Fortunately, there’s now a better way. The PCR-Dx Molecular UTI Panel provides detailed and personalized treatment information from the start. This helps healthcare professionals make informed decisions about treatment and provides more effective care for their patients.
If you’re a urologist, clinic, or other healthcare provider looking to improve the care of your UTI patients, our PCR UTI Panel is a great solution. It’s fast, reliable, and it can help you provide the best care possible.
Additional Advantages of PCR Testing for UTIs?
- Reporting: Instead of simply providing data and statistics, our report goes beyond that to provide insights and recommendations that can help you make informed decisions.
- Detection: Our advanced diagnostic testing can detect more than 19 different types of pathogens, and the results are 99% accurate.
- Speed: Our typical turnaround time is less than 24 hours after receiving the sample. We help urologists and healthcare providers make quicker and more informed decisions.
- Accuracy: Molecular pathogen testing can be an invaluable tool for healthcare professionals, as it is more accurate than traditional culture testing. It is especially useful for detecting anaerobic fastidious organisms, which are often missed in standard cultures.
- Amplification: Molecular testing has proven to be more effective and efficient than traditional culture growth. It amplifies the sample genetic material much faster, and it’s more sensitive, too.
- Enhanced Identification: PCR testing is able to identify pathogens even when the patient has been on antibiotic treatment.
- Easier collection: Our testing requires a very small amount of urine, making it easier to test for UTI on patients who may be harder to collect from, or are struggling to urinate.
Why choose PCR-Dx Diagnostic Laboratory?
Our diagnostic laboratory specializes in Molecular PCR Testing and performs all our testing in-house. Results are typically available in under 24 hours.
Through the process of amplification, PCR can detect diseases with trace amounts of viral RNA or DNA which is an incredible advantage over other methodologies making it easier for healthcare providers to sometimes get days ahead with treatment options.
PCR-Dx invests heavily in research of this revolutionary molecular methodology. We prioritize patient safety while ensuring physician satisfaction services, while at the same time fostering long-term collaborative relationships with our clients. By partnering with PCR-DX, you are collaborating with one of the most efficient and effective labs in the nation. Please contact us today!